Sunday, April 22, 2007

Today!

Yes, finally up to date! A nice photo of the plot this weekend. You can see from the photo that the flowers and garlic and doing well at least. (the carpetted part is the neighbouring plot) And you can see the black cover over my chopped bramble area, which I decided to poison this weekend with Root Out. It already seems to be working! I won't be planting that area for a long time (summer earliest, but probably autumn) so am not worried about it.

Today I forked over and weeded half of another length of the main rows area and got in half my calabrese and beetroot. They'll continue into the next half of the row which I'll try and do this week. In order to get my second lot of potatos in I'm thinking of completing digging out a length - making a trench I can build up as they grow. That would mean not having to weed the turned soil so could be an easier option. I can use the soil for something else when I have time to weed it.

After this week I'm on holiday for 3 weeks so just have to leave it to nature for a while.


Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie Rimmer said...

And how did nature get on in your absence? I'd dying for the update.

2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home