Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Day 25 - catching up!


Things got a bit busy with my Open Studios and the preparation so didn't get to the allotment last week. Back in on Monday (day 24, technically) and played with my new azada! Whew, hard work! I'm told it's meant to be easier on the back but the overarm swinging isn't something my body is used to. Biceps are achy, a good thing. But back is achier, bad thing. (I have a bad back anyway.) But I'm sure I'll get into the 'swing' of things with time. *grin* Anyway, it cleared out a huge bramble root so I'm very happy! Not as sure about it's efficiency with clearing the couch grass topsoil vs the fork but will keep trying. The bramble root was the last thing in the way of the shed area so now that's cleared out and hopefully somewhat level. Hoping to nick some old paving stones from a skip down the road, but if all else fails there's actually a building merchant at the top of the road the allotment is on so I'll go ask for leftovers or maybe chipped slabs they can't use. Pic is of the cleared space for the shed.


Today I made the mistake of going to the allotment even with painful back. Nevermind. I did get all my bulbs in! So hopefully I'll have a lovely colourful spring bloom! They're spread about randomly, going for a natural look with about 250 bulbs.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. I think we might be lottie neighbours,your pictures look Suspiciously like middle park avenue to me..I`v had my plot there since august.... Im still digging Grrrrr

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home