Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Day 5

More digging! Forgot my camera today (actually left it at the cafe last night after knit club) so no progress pics I'm afraid. I started out just wanting to get a bramble root out nearest my previous digging and it sort of expanded and became a bigger bed. Which is fine because I got the damned bramble out! Hoorah! I did unfortunately break my fork, so it's now a 2 pronged fork instead of a 4 pronged one. Didn't stop me from digging the rest of the length though. The secateurs also got lost somewhere. I know I put them on the ground but then forgot where. I figure I'll step on them another day.

Also put a huge plastic tarp over the cut bramble pile so it can dry out and I can have a bonfire later. A slight surprise there, see I think in imperial measurements. While I'm quite good at visualising lengths up to 1-2 metres, because I paint on canvases that size, after that my judgement gets a bit fuzzy. So I just bought the biggest tarp at our local tool shop (Handy Stores, they're fab) and it turns out to be massive. So it's covering not only the branch pile but quite a bit of ground too! I figure that's good because it'll dry out there and be easier to dig. I also have a genius scheme to get some telescoping poles so I can prop up the tarp on one side while I'm there and have something to sit under when it rains! (which seems to be whenever I decide to go to the plot, go figure) I just have to find a shed soon.

Oh, and final news: there's some house renovations or something happening across the street from the gate. There are palettes in their skip which I plan to nick tomorrow morning and to use the boards as bed borders. *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home