Monday, October 30, 2006

Days 9 and 10

Got a new fork for the allotment today - a border fork, smaller and stainless steel so hopefully I won't break this one. Visited yesterday to do a bit of semi-dry digging, it's so much easier! Met the bloke with the plot next to me which was great because he's cleared the top half of his (whereas I chose the bottom half) so now I know where my top half boundaries are. With all the overgrowth it was completely impossible to work out a month ago. Getting a FREE shed on Wednesday (can't recommend Freecycle enough) which I'm hoping to put at the top now because it will be safer up there out of sight of the neighbourhood.

And of equal importance, I sniped an MP3 player on eBay for only £7 (whoohoo!) so I can listen to music occassionally while I'm digging. Radio 4 isn't always quite what I want to listen to, although there's something wonderful about working to Women's Hour and the morning serial. (My old MP3 player fell into the canal over the summer. While attached to me and my bike. heh. Not something I'd recommend, unless you want a tetanus shot.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home