Saturday, November 04, 2006

Day 15 - Bramble Walls and Fido

A very productive day today! First thing this morning I walked around the whole allotment to snoop at what other people are doing. Looking for hints... strangely there was no one else around on a Saturday morning which surprised me. One plot had a really nice stack for their bramble branches - they had two rows of stakes holding together a 'wall' of piled bramble. So impressed I decided to move my pile, mainly because the way it was it was taking up half the space anyway. And since I've started on the back half of the plot it was only going to grow! Fortunately the nice folk on the Allotments 4 All forum told me I shouldn't be covering the bramble anyway for it to dry out. So first a 'before' pic of my covered pile, and 'after' shot of the finished wall of bramble. :) I might not even worry about burning it because it could grow into a nice screen from the road. (On the right of the pic is my shed.)


I seem to have made a furry friend too. This is Fido (well, no idea what its name really is). I've seen him a few times now, lurking around the plot next to me. He's pretty friendly and likes a pat. He's a big poser too, and ended up in half my photos today! Here he is in front of the back section of bramble, where I spotted the water butt yesterday just behind the branches. And another photo after today's chopping.


Finally just a gratuitous "for Mom" shot of me in the sunshine. Hi Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home